Thursday, June 17, 2010

Philly Trip and A New Mission President












alright so the philly trip today was pretty awesome! i took a few pics to share as well.. cheesesteaks were cheap and awesome, got to see some pretty cool things, but alot of walking. im drained right now! really not a whole lot to say about it, pics will tell all. so last friday was president murrays last zone conference and yesterday his last interview. pretty spiritual. im stoked to get pres schaefermeyer here already.. keep on learning and growing, im changing alot already, and i like the new person im starting to become. my view of life and religion has completely changed. we're teaching and finding alot of people. its just hard to help people keep commitments. we had another baptism this sunday but the man gave in and had a smoke so we have to push it back now til he can quit for good. hes tryin though, and we have another baptism on the 27th too. exciting times, getting alot of work done here! its fun being here in Wilmington, totally a mini version of philly!! i had dominican food for the first time the other day, pretty good stuff!
well glad to see everythings goin good back home. i dont know much of how everyones doin, i rarely get mail, so i like these little updates. so my favorite scriptures, Alma 26:12, (Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.) and Romans 12:1-2 (I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.)... maybe ya'll like em? oh basketball is pretty fun down here, to ball people in our church clothes. its just funny to see peoples reactions to us playing good. so what has everyone been up to these days? i have the same story every week, just doin missionary work.. oh a confession, im doing horrible on my journal btw, im just way tired at night and dont feel like writing anything. im just rambling right now, im tired as you might be able to tell. well hope everything is ok, love you all and take care. -Elder Harris

No comments: