Monday, July 11, 2011

An Example To My Younger Brother

Not a whole lot to say or mention, but I first want to mention an experience I had yesterday at church while partaking of the sacrament. So while the sacrament was going around, I was reflecting on the life of Jesus Christ, and the example that He set for all of God's children. I am just amazed still to this day, that He truly was perfect in everything that He did, and most importantly of all, He does love each and every one of us. I thought about how all we have to do in this life is just follow His footsteps, and life won't be a crazy roller coaster, with normally the end result of vomiting. The Gospel of Jesus Christ teaches us that it is all simple, not complex. And then I thought of my brother Tyler, who just left to the MTC this past week. It had hit me all of a sudden that I had been an example to my younger brother, and because of my example, he too went on a mission to serve the Lord. It wasn't like I did anything spectacular either! I was a normal brother, got into some arguments once in awhile, but still loved him. Pretty simple. I had almost begun to cry thinking about my brother and how proud I was of him. I am certain that our Father in Heaven and Jesus Christ are proud of us when we do what is right, and make the best decisions in our lives. God's plan for us is indeed very simple, and basic, and so easy to follow. I am grateful that I had the opportunity I had to realize this this past week, how all we need to do is follow Christ. I know that His gospel and plan for us is true. I know it with all the certainty of my soul. I am just full of love towards everything. I love being out here on a mission. I love you guys. Hope that you have an awesome week!

(Photo: Corey and Tyler in early 1993.)

No comments: